If you’re an avid Disney fan, you’ll know that there are many memorable, quotable moments throughout the classic films. Many of these special moments happen during a point in the film where the main character is getting some sage advice — and who better to give advice than a parent?
If you’re in need of a pick-me-up, or perhaps just a reminder that there’s truly no one better than dear old dad, you’ll love these eight most memorable quotes from dads in Disney movies.
1. “I’m only brave when I have to be, being brave doesn’t mean you go looking for trouble.” — Mufasa, The Lion King
2. “You wish and dream with all your heart. But remember, that old star can only take you part of the way. You got to help it with some hard work of your own and then you can do anything you set your mind to.” — James, The Princess and the Frog
3. “A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart.” — Zeus, Hercules
4. “Seeing you gives me great joy.” — Chief Powhatan, Pocahontas
5. “Leave no shell unturned, no coral unexplored, and let no one in this kingdom sleep until she’s safe at home.” — King Triton, The Little Mermaid
6. “The greatest gift and honor … is having you for a daughter.” — Fa Zhou, Mulan
7. “You’re my son, Max. No matter how big you get, you’ll always be my son.” — Goofy, A Goofy Movie
8. “How do you know if they’re ready?” — Marlin
“Well you never really know, but when they know, you know, y’know?” — Crush, Finding Nemo
Watch this video to see how the dads of Disney encourage their daughters to be fearless, adventurous dreamers.More On