Pokemon Google Map Master: Hints on How to Find Them!Sunny Chanel
I could NOT wait for my Pokémon-crazy girl to get home from school today. Not for afternoon cuddles or to help her with her homework, rather to hand her my phone and let her try her hand at becoming a Pokémon master. Yes, a Pokémon master.
Here’s the deal. Google, in an awesome pre-April Fools’ Day release, created an addictive and super fun game where you find Pokémons that are scattered all over the world for wannabe Pokémon masters to try to find. So how do you get started?
1) Watch the video above, it’s super cool.
2) Make sure you have the newest version of Google Maps on your iPhone or Android.
3) Press Start. Check out the graphic below. Once you press start it will take you to the first location to start catching Pokémon, which is why Google’s HQ.
As you collect Pokémon, they will show up in your Pokedex.
4) They gave us a couple of hints saying that you can find wild Pokémon in Tokyo, Japan or New York City, USA. Think of landmarks there and look around. (Hint: Grand Hyatt Tokyo)
5) Go to Twitter! As people find Pokémon, they are posting images and hints there. Just do a search on “Google Pokémon” and see what comes up.
6) Think of important landmarks. We did a random search looking at landmarks like the Eiffel Tower and it worked! We found one! So think of all the big places and see what you can find. (Empire State Building and Alcatraz Island for example)
7) Most importantly, have fun. But you may have to work fast, since the Pokémon may be disappearing after April 1st.
Photo Source: Google Maps/Twitter