Okay, guys — it’s really getting down to the wire now. We’ve only got five (and soon-to-be four) contestants left, and the final showdown at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week is right around the corner.
Last week, the judges sent Michael home, which was sad, but then again he did send a model down the runway in some kind of Julia-Roberts-in-Pretty-Woman-meets-’90s-bondage dress, so … I guess it was well-deserved.
This week, though? I honestly have no idea who’s gonna be on the chopping block …
Let’s get to it!
- How have I never noticed this adorably gigantic teddy bear that Kenya has?
- Seriously though, how did she fit that in her suitcase?
- Omg I love the theme of this challenge and am sobbing right along with Margarita.
- Kentaro: “I have nothing against boxing, but like … I don’t like to hit people.” — Of course you don’t Kentaro, because you are the world’s sweetest man.
- Oh jeez, he wasn’t kidding … he is 100 percent terrible at boxing.
- I mean, I don’t claim to know much about boxing either, but I thinkkkk the point is to actually make contact between the glove and the other person, Kentaro.
- Ooo Ayana totally knows what she’s doing in the boxing ring! Watch OUT, people!
- Confused about why Brandon hears the words “warrior woman” and immediately thinks “super elongated crotch.”
- Literally everything that comes out of Kentaro’s mouth is adorable. The. End.
- Kentaro: “I think this looks better, it looks like I have huge penis.” — DYING.
- I can’t believe a whole day has gone by and Kenya just has a little strip of fabric hanging off her mannequin. ARE YOU TRYING TO GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK, KENYA?!
- Watching Kentaro get lost in a spool of fabric is like, my favorite pastime ever.
- Brandon: “I’m one of the only designers to have a consistent story on the runway.” — Uh, yeah, and I believe it’s called The Curious Case of the Runaway Straps: The Brandon Kee Story.
- Ooo Ayana’s top gave Tim “chills”? Well that’s certainly a good sign.
- Tim to Kenya: “You’re the only designer in this room who hasn’t won a competition.” — Ouch, way to scare the bejeezus out of her, Tim.
- Definitely didn’t see Tim’s praise of Margarita’s look coming. Thought he was going to get on her about the whole Wonder Woman thing.
- Margarita: “This gold corset is coming out of my vagina.” — Well THAT’S a visual I wasn’t expecting.
- Guys, Kentaro feels a bit lost and it’s worrying me.
- Also, I’m sad he had to toss out that cropped gray hoodie, because I was kinda digging it. (It also looked comfy AF.)
- Kentaro: “I make my dress … quicker than Cup of Noodle.” — Just me, or is he totally giving Kenya a run for her money on the one-liners lately?
- Okay, but seriously: HOW IS HE GONNA MAKE A WHOLE DRESS IN FIVE MINUTES?
- I thought Kenya was going to be the one giving me a heart attack this episode, but she totally pulled that shoulder pad petal dress out of her butt like whatttt.
- Omg Brandon’s look. I just … can’t make sense of what’s going on there.
- It’s like, sort of a straitjacket, sort of not?
- And I swear, you could fit like two Kentaros in the front of those pants.
- Also: Am I the only one getting some serious ET vibes off that hoodie?
- I don’t even care if Margarita’s dress looks like Wonder Woman going to the Oscars, it looks gorge.
- Okay, so on the one hand I am wildly impressed that Kentaro whipped up an entire outfit out of thin air after that gray hoodie disaster … but on the other, I can’t help but think all those dangling straps look MIGHTY Brandon-like …
- Yeahhhh, Liris! You ROCK those shoulder petals!
- Oh god, it’s time. It’s really time.
- I’m scared Kentaro is gonna get the axe for being too black and basic. They hate that. (Maybe Tim will use his save?)
- Then again, that ET hoodie …
- GAH, I JUST DON’T KNOW!
- Okay, so they’re digging Kenya’s look. Phew.
- Oh man, the judges are SO in love with Brandon. But let’s be real: The bonnet is weird.
- So let me get this straight … Zac admits that Brandon’s pants look like “poopy pants,” and yet he’s a fan? I’m perplexed.
- Uh-oh. Things do not look good for Margarita …
- Or Kentaro … * tear *
- WAIT. Nina’s calling Kentaro out for having a similar look to Brandon?! Is this some awkward déjà vu of those twins or what?
- I mean, wasn’t it Brandon who started “borrowing” from Kentaro’s look at first? Kentaro better not get thrown under the bus for this!
- OMG Ayana is one of eight girls. Her mother deserves some kind of medal.
- Oof, the judges are totally tearing apart Kentaro’s look. I’m having heart palpitations.
- TIM, YOU BETTER USE YOUR SAVE!
- Whaaaat Brandon’s the winner? I totally thought Ayana had that in the bag.
- AHHHH and now it’s down to Margarita and Kentaro. I’m getting emotional. Somebody hold my hand.
- WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT. Margarita?! Noooooo 🙁 (But happy it’s not Kentaro.)
- For the record, that dress was the only thing on the runway I’d actually wear. Now I’m a little pissed.
- Omg … TIM IS USING HIS ONE SAVE ON MARGARITA! HOLY CRAP. YES.
- Aaaaaaand I’m crying.
Well that was an emotional rollercoaster. I’m so happy Tim saved Margarita, but it just means we’ll be losing somebody else next week, and we’ll have to go through this all over again!
Well … ’til next time, guys.
You can catch more episodes of Project Runway every Thursday at 9/8 central on Lifetime.