Oh, man. I don’t know about you, but I feel like I’m still in shock after last week’s cliffhanger of an episode. TBH, there were moments when I wasn’t sure whether I was watching Project Runway or Real Housewives, but I seriously enjoyed every single minute of it.
In case you missed it, Shawn
freaked out 8 minutes into the challenge fell on a sword for Claire, and forfeited the head-to-head challenge in order to let her sister continue on with the competition. Claire wound up winning, Michael and Margarita got butt-hurt that her look may or may not have been a knock-off, and Michael stormed off the stage right in front of the judges.
The drama was delicious — but it left off just as Michael was about to call Claire out for all her dirty little tricks. And I can’t WAIT to hear what he has to say this week.
- So I’m trying to keep a straight face during Michael’s dramatic venting sesh, but my eyes keep trailing off to the guy in the “Nailed it!” T-shirt. (Anyone else?)
- I can’t believe Margarita is refusing to throw Claire under the bus to Heidi, after complaining about her to anyone who would listen all week long.
- Meanwhile: Batani has no qualms about spilling ALL the tea.
- Okay, now we’re getting to the dirt …
- Whattttt … Claire snuck a tape measurer back to her hotel room?!
- Whattttt … and she writes measurements on her hand to sneak into the work room?!
- This is actually taking me back to 8th grade algebra and giving me all sorts of belated guilt.
- Yolanda to Michael: “Are you a judge on this show or are you a participant?” — Oof.
- Hmm … the judges are getting mighty defensive of Claire.
- I am LIVING for Kenya’s facial reactions to literally everything that is happening right now.
- Serious q: I wonder if this would have gotten as heated if $25K wasn’t at stake.
- Eh, probably.
- Okay, Tim’s here with his concerned face, and it does not look good.
- Omg Claire confessed to breaking the rules.
- Omg CLAIRE’S GOING HOME.
- … And somehow Margarita looks more upset about it than she does?
- Claire: “These are the worst possible circumstances to leave this competition. But … that’s how my story’s gonna end.” — Oh god, this is actually quite depressing.
- Mostly because she just kissed away $25K and now nobody gets it.
- TWENTY-FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS, CLAIRE. OMG.
- I feel like I just spent eight episodes cursing those twins and now I actually feel sorta bad for them. Or at least one of them.
- Bright side: At least they only had to be apart for seven days. I’m not sure Claire could have lasted on her own much longer.
- OMG and Batani is saved!
- Well that was quite a turn of events.
- Okay, deep breaths: It’s a new week, and a new challenge.
- Oh man, these little Shopkins-obsessed kids are so adorably excited right now, I can’t. This challenge is a like a breath of fresh air after all that drama.
- Okay, so Michael’s client Roxy is kind of the best. How many kids born after the millennium even know what a disco ball is? They barely even know what landlines are.
- Guys, I can’t tell: Does Brandon’s client like chocolate?
- Hand to God, I hope Brandon ignores all of her direction, because by the looks of that sketch, he’s gonna send a model down the runway in a straight-up poop dress.
- “It needs to be fierce.” — I take it back: Kenya’s client is my new fave.
- LOL to Kentaro rolling around on the floor under that giant roll of tulle “like a butterfly!”
- My actual heart just melted when I saw the note of inspiration Kenya’s client left her: “DRAMTIC.” Gotta love those 4th-grade spelling skillz.
- I can see everyone’s clearly mourning the loss of Claire today. (HAHAHAHAHA.)
- Kenya: “You know I’m just so extra, Tim.” Oh we know, Kenya. We know AND WE LOVE IT.
- Things that confuse me: Michael thinking a jumpsuit that looks like “a disco ball melting on the body” is a good idea. Lord, I hope he surprises me.
- Guys, what’s going on? I’ve never seen Brandon so at a loss before.
- And Michael is totally relishing his struggle right now.
- DYING over Kentaro asking Kenya if she wants to go to the sauna … and Kenya hearing, “Do you want to go eat salmon?”
- Kentaro: “HAPPY MERRY CHRISTMAS!” — This needs to become a thing.
- Michael is getting too catty. I’m not sure how I feel about it.
- Getting a very intense Strawberry Shortcake slash Little Bow Peep vibe from Ayana’s look.
- Ayana: “It’s a lot and very little at the same time.” — That’s one way of putting it.
- Runway time!
- Okay, don’t get me wrong. I love Brandon … but has he ever created a look that didn’t involve long strappy sash thingies hanging off it in some way?
- Batani’s dress looks like a bunch of holiday bows got in a fight and every single one of them came out the loser.
- Ooooo totally Loving Kenya’s look! Super classy.
- Also a fan of Margarita’s. It’s kind of all over the place, yet everything somehow makes sense?
- Liris deserves all the awards for walking down the runway in that crazy-looking cupcake dress and totally killing it.
- Kentaro’s is like a pretty ballerina got married. I’m into it.
- Well, Michael definitely achieved the melting disco ball look.
- … Andddd he’s the winner! Honestly didn’t see that one coming.
- Oh jeez, how depressing for Batani to be rejected two weeks in a row.
- OMG WHAT. They sent home Amy too?! Nooooo!!!!
Sigh. Guys, I’m legit sad right now. I loved Amy. And I was definitely not emotionally prepared for a double-elimination this week. On the bright side, though: At least we still have Kentaro. He can honestly never go home, or I will weep.
… ’til next week!
You can catch more episodes of Project Runway every Thursday at 9/8 central on Lifetime.