11 Outdoor Activities to Keep Your Kids Busy This SummerBabble Editors
School’s out for summer! You know what that means — the kids are home and looking for entertainment. This can be a stressful time for parents. I mean, who wouldn’t get a little overwhelmed with their kids breathing down their neck demanding attention?
Fear not, we’ve got you covered with these 11 outdoor summer activities!
1. Cookie Cutter Bird Feeder: Your little ones will be amazed watching their feathered friends snack on something they created from the comfort of their very own backyard.
2. Dripping Paint Art: Bring out the artist in your child with this fun craft. They’ll love being allowed to get their hands dirty.
3. Homemade Playdough: There’s nothing better than making your own version of a popular product. The kids can head outside for minimal mess.
4. DIY Jump Rope: After crafting their own jump ropes, the tykes will be ready to burn off all of that extra energy jumping around!
5. Giant Outdoor Kerplunk Game: Take family game night to the next level with this super-sized take on a classic game.
6. Lemonade Stand: What better way to recycle an old piece of furniture and teach the kids about the value of a dollar?
7. Rain Stick: Your kid will love pretending there’s a big storm coming with their fabulous DIY rain stick.
8. Ice Block Scavenger Hunt: This is such a great way to cool down and have a blast on a hot summer day.
9. INSIDE OUTdoor Field Hockey: Get in the competitive spirit with a friendly game of outdoor field hockey in the backyard, inspired by Inside Out.
10. Construction Site: Does your little one love pushing around toy cars and trucks? Then they’ll love this activity tray.
11. Ice Cube Painting: Let your kids indulge in the fun of painting in a new, inventive way.