Those classic pool noodles are more useful than you think — rain or shine, summer or winter, inside or out. Whether you’re looking for backyard activities, party games, or just DIY craft ideas, you might just need to look in your garage.
See 20 clever ways to use affordable, accessible pool noodles in ways you’d never expect:
1. Bike Car Wash: This DIY car wash was part of an adorable bicycle-themed birthday party, but it’s a fun outdoor activity for any kind of gathering!
2. Pool Noodle Race Track: How smart is this race track idea?! Just cut a pool noodle in half — it’s that easy.
3. Pool Noodle Croquet: Another smart way that pool noodles can become a backyard activity.
4. Outdoor Obstacle Course: Fun for a party, especially!
5. Pool Noodle Fire Pit: Could there be a cuter way to roast fake marshmallows? We don’t think so.
6. Marble Run: This will keep the kids busy on a rainy day, for sure.
7. Backyard Balloon Game: Another party game idea using your pool noodles.
8. Giant Ring Toss: Brilliant! This idea is simply brilliant.
9. Giant Tic Tac Toe: Another smart way to use those pool noodles — no cutting, taping, or assembling required.
10. Pool Noodle Lightsabers: They’re already using them as Lightsabers anyway — might as well make them look like the real deal.
11. Lightsaber Party Invitations: This mom went one step further and created an entire Star Wars party with noodle-made Lightsabers — including these party invites made from pool noodles.
12. Target Station: Another brilliant backyard game using a bunch of pool noodles.
13. Baby Activity Gym: You can even use them for your own DIY activity gym. Such a smart way to save some money.
14. Super Sprinkler: This sprinkler is way more affordable than buying your own, and it’s easier to make than you might think.
15. Water Noodle Lacing: Another rainy-day indoor activity with pool noodles.
16. Pool Noodle Printing: And another smart way to use pool noodles inside.
17. Noodle Workout: But don’t forget to save a noodle for yourself. Use the lightweight noodle to work on that bikini body.
18. Another Obstacle Course Game: Add this to your pool-noodle-made backyard obstacle course.
19. Pool Noodle Lances: This was originally part of a Renaissance Birthday Party, but kids don’t need an occasion to joust.
20. Pool Noodle Headboard: And lastly, turn a bunch of pool noodles into a colorful, kid-friendly, unique headboard.