You could always spend hundreds (even thousands) on a fancy playhouse for your little one, or you could make your own for a fraction of the price.
Here are some of our favorite DIY playhouses, all including instructions, building plans and/or step-by-step images:
1. Easy Playhouse Pattern 1 of 8
2. Genius Closet Playhouse 2 of 8
3. Card Table Playhouse 3 of 8
4.A Lofty Hangout 4 of 8
5. The Movable Playhouse 5 of 8
6. Princess Tent 6 of 8
7. Cardboard Playhouse 7 of 8
8. Loft Bed Playhouse 8 of 8
Click through for more pictures, instructions and sources:
1. Get your own Card Table Playhouse sewing pattern via Empty Bobbin.
2. See step-by-step instructions at Sawdust & Paper Scraps.
3. Get your French-fluent buddy to translate these building instructions.
4. See more building photos at HGTV.
5. Get printable instructions for this Princess Pavilion Tent.
6. See how to make this cardboard playhouse for maybe $10.
7. Print building plans for this playhouse loft bed.
Lots of free time this summer? Try these boredom-busting crafts and activities for kids!