Need decor for your Oscar viewing party, but don’t want to go crazy buying decor? Well we have just the thing for you! Mix black cocktail napkins and just a few other supplies to make fun bow tie decor. You’ll have most of the decor for an Oscar party the whole family will enjoy!
Bow Tie Napkins
This craft hack makes for such functional decor. Plus, you likely have the supplies around the house.
- Black cocktail napkins
- Black hair elastics
- To make the bow tie, untie the hair elastic to make a short ribbon.
- Then fold a black square cocktail napkin into thirds. Pinch in the middle and tie with hair elastic. If you’re using the bow ties for flutes, stop here. If you’re making photo props, cut the loose ends of the elastic.
Bow Tie Champagne Flutes
Spruce up plastic champagne flutes by attaching these fun napkins to the base. Voila, fancy flutes!
- Bow tie napkins
- Champagne flutes
- Follow the above steps to make the bow tie napkin.
- Use the excess hair elastic to tie around the bottom of the champagne flute, then cut excess hair tie. Now your champagne glass is dressed for the occasion.
Bow Tie Photo Props
Your kids will love snapping photos with these easy-to-do photo props.
- Bow ties napkins
- Wooden dowels
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Follow the above steps to make the bow tie napkin, cutting off excess elastic.
- Add a dot of hot glue to the wooden dowel and attached the bow tie napkin in the center of the napkin.
- Let the hot glue cool and then snap away!