Instead of tossing out those bottle caps, start a collection to repurpose them into magnets. This is an easy project that creates fun holders for pictures and kids art on the fridge. Plus, the kiddos will love helping craft these Bottle Cap Magnets. Don’t forget to tell them they’re recycling!
Bottle Cap Magnets
- 1-inch circle hole punch
- Scraps of patterned paper
- Super glue
- Bottle caps
- Mod Podge Dimensional Magic (or similar sealer)
- Mini magnets
- Using the circle hole punch, cut out circles from your favorite patterned paper, whether it’s scraps from crafting or leftover from your favorite notepad. We used earth-inspired paper.
- Glue paper to the inside of each bottle cap with super glue. Let dry for 5 minutes.
- Add Mod Podge to the top of the paper. Let dry overnight.
- Attached a mini magnet to the back of each bottle cap with super glue. Let dry for at least an hour.
The Disney Conservation Fund, in honor of its 20th anniversary, announced a new effort—the Reverse the Decline, Increase the Time Initiative—that is aimed at reversing the decline of 10 threatened species through scientific research, nonprofit and community collaboration, and increasing the time kids spend in nature to inspire them to care for the planet.
For more information, visit thewaltdisneycompany.com/environment.More On