Thanks to Disney Friends for Change for sponsoring this post.
Get the kids playing outside with this fun DIY Croquet Kit. Reuse household items, like toilet paper rolls and empty soda bottles, to build the kit. Not only will it create some outdoor fun in the sun, but it’s also a great way to teach your little ones how to be environmentally conscious.
Editor’s Note: Babble participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we receive a share of revenue from purchases you make from the links on this page.
DIY Croquet Kit
- 8 toilet paper rolls
- Colorful duct tape (like these from Amazon)
- 4 wrapping paper rolls
- 5 soda bottles
- Ping pong balls (like these from Amazon)
- Cover the ends of the toilet paper rolls with duct tape.
- Tape two toilet paper rolls onto the bottom edges of a wrapping paper roll. Repeat with remaining rolls.
- Cover the rolls in tape. Add flare with stripes of different colors.
- Cut the soda bottles in half with scissors.
- With the top half of the soda bottles, cut out a tunnel.
- Tape the sides of the soda bottles and add flare. Then let your kids play!
Disney wants to hear from youth, 5-18, who are making a difference in their community. Share how kids in your life are helping to create a brighter tomorrow. Their project could win a $500 Disney Summer of Service grant. To apply, visit www.disney.com/beinspired.More On