We love adding subtle decor into our bathrooms, and this beautiful DIY for Donut Soap is the perfect treat. It’s super simple to make and very customizable. We used a mix of mint green and pink frosting with coconut and sprinkles, but you can decorate your soaps any way you’d like. These donuts are so cute you’ll just want to eat them up — but please don’t!
- X-acto knife
- Glycerin soap (available at local craft stores)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Silicone donut mold
- Green and red dye
- Use an x-acto knife to cut a 12-ounce piece of glycerin soap.
- Place in microwave-safe liquid measuring cup and microwave for 4 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour melted soap into silicone donut mold. Let cool and harden.
- Remove solid donuts and place on scrap paper. Carefully use an x-acto knife to cut out the center of each donut. Set aside.
- Cut two 6-ounce pieces of glycerin soap and melt them separately in microwave-safe bowls for 3 minutes.
- For mint green frosting: Take one bowl of 6-ounce melted soap and mix in 9 drops of green dye. Carefully dip the top of each donut (repeating until you reach desired thickness). Add sprinkles or coconut, and let dry.
- For pink frosting: Take one bowl of 6-ounce melted soap and mix in 9 drops of red dye. Dip donuts in frosting and add sprinkles or coconut, then let dry.