I didn’t realize how much I loved crafting until I had to start throwing birthday parties for my children. It was then that I channeled my inner Martha Stewart and decided that if we wanted to have a party, we were going to go all out.
A couple of weeks ago, my oldest daughter turned 6. She told me months ago that she wanted a My Little Pony themed birthday party. So it was then that I started the planning and design process.
I always have one table as the centerpiece of the room and want to add a pop of color and excitement behind the table. While thinking of ideas, I came up with a design in my head for a backdrop for the table. Not only was it super easy but best of all, it was all made out of cupcake holders.
With just a few materials, you can have this hanging garland that makes the best backdrop for a party, photo booth, wedding, and more!
- Cupcake holders
- Fishing line
- Take the cupcake holders and poke a hole in the middle of the bottom with a needle. (Tip: Depending on how long you would like your garland to be, you can take several cupcake holders at once and poke the hole through the bottoms all at once to save time. No need to do individually.)
- Thread the fishing line through the hole of the cupcake liners.
- Once you have all cupcake holders on the fishing line, take each cupcake holder and individually space them apart to the length you would like.
- To hold the cupcake holders in place, wrap a small piece of tape around the fishing line under the cupcake holder.
- Repeat for the rest of the cupcake holders until done.
When planning your event, the decor doesn’t have to be elaborate to look elaborate. This easy hanging garland DIY can add a colorful backdrop to any occasion!More On