As we prepare for another adventure down the rabbit hole in Alice Through the Looking Glass we were inspired to create a DIY based on the kookiest of them all, the Mad Hatter. Nothing sticks out more than the Hatter’s hat.
So we were inspired to make this terra cotta pot to bring a bit of wonderland into our home.
Mad Hatter Flower Pot
- Terra cotta pot and saucer
- Bronze, copper, and rust paint
- Paint brush
- Coral ribbon
- 1-3 peacock feathers
- Hot glue gun
- Begin by mixing the rust and bronze paint to create the right color. Paint over the pot and saucer. Let dry.
- Once the first layer has dried, paint the uneven pattern with copper paint, let dry.
- Hot glue feathers.
- Glue coral ribbon around the bottom of the pot. It will not lay flat, which is better since the Hatter’s ribbon is bunchy.
- Plant orange flowers to represent the Hatter’s bright orange hair.
Alice Through the Looking Glass will be available on Blu-ray™, Digital HD & Disney Movies Anywhere October 18thMore On