Here at Babble, we think about Mother’s Day months before go-time. This year, we’ve set our eyes on all things homemade. It’s a chance to be personal and save a few bucks. We also find it therapeutic to craft (well … when everything goes according to plan).
We’ve curated a selection of fresh, beautiful, and eye-catching DIY Mother’s Day gifts that we know will make her smile. So get crafting!
1. Paper Flowers: Something about mom’s special day brings to mind flowers. This replica anemone flower is created using a free printable. Make a bouquet or one special bloom that will last far longer than the real thing.
2. Photo Transfer: Keep her memories alive by transferring images onto objects, like a jewelry box or hanging box.
3. Coconut Scented Soy Candles: It’s hard to believe that these are not store-bought! You can customize the canister and scent to fit your mom’s style.
4. Book Origami: Fold the pages of an old favorite novel to create a heart-shaped gift she will treasure forever.
5. Love Bloom: Gift mom a bulb that she can plant in her garden. As it grows, she will think about how much you have blossomed over the years, into a fabulous mom yourself.
6. Marbled Clay Necklaces: These Circle Pendant and Cylinder Necklaces can be made by adults and kids alike. They are even a fun activity for tot, mom, and grandma to make together!
7. Picture Frame Tray: Can you believe this was made using an old picture frame?! You can customize the inside with special fabric, notes, picture, you name it. This one features a vintage kitchen towel and recipe card, belonging to the blogger’s grandmother.
8. Pinch Pots: You and/or your little one can make these sweet gifts, great for holding succulents and air plants.
9. Tree Stump Chalkboard: Monogram your mom’s initials or a touching quote. She will love displaying this bright, chic, and rustic gift for all guests to see.
10. Decoupage Milk Bottles: These floral bottles would make pretty decor accents, storage containers, cookie jars … the possibilities are endless!More On