If you thought your rug was soft, wait until you try this pom-pom one! Save your old paper towel roll then grab some yarn, scissors, and a rug mat to create this simple DIY Pom-Pom Rug. Customize the colors and you’ll have the perfect accent to your floor. This rug is sure to add a fluffy element to any room!
- Paper towel roll
- Non-slip rug mat
- Cut paper towel roll in half, and set two pieces next to each other.
- Wrap yarn about 90 times around the two pieces.
- Carefully cut the end of the yarn, then pull the yarn off.
- Cut another piece of yarn (about 12 inches). Place coiled yarn on top, and tie a knot with this 12-inch piece. Cut only the ends of the looped yarn.
- Fluff pom-pom. Then make a lot more.
- Cut rug mat to desired size.
- Thread pom-pom tails through the mat. Tie a knot at the ends of the tails. Fill in the mat. Cut the ends of the tails off.