This is a wreath worth screaming over! Your kids will love the fluffy take on one of their favorite Monsters, Inc. characters, Sulley. Grab some (ok, a lot of) tulle and get crafting. Though it’s simple, this project is time consuming — perfect for those long summer days at home. Watch Monsters, Inc. or Monsters University while making the wreath for some added fun and inspiration.
- Turquoise and purple tulle
- Foam wreath
- White foam sheet
- 2 foam balls
- Black, blue, cream, gray, and white paint
- Thin paint brush
- Hot glue gun
- 2 foam cones
- Sponge brush
- 2 toothpicks
- Wrap turquoise tulle around the entire wreath, tying to secure.
- Cut both colored tulle into 24-inch strips.
- Begin tying the tulle using whichever technique works best for you, but make sure it’s tight. We did a pattern of 2 strips of turquoise tulle and then 1 of a mix of purple and turquoise. Keep in mind the tighter you make it the more tulle you need.
- Once you’ve filled the entire wreath, cut out teeth from the white foam sheet. Then hot glue to the back of the wreath pointing towards the center.
- Next, paint the foam eyes. You’ll need black, blue, and white paint along with the thin brush.
- Once dry, hot glue towards the top of the wreath.
- Next, paint the cones with the sponge brush to create Sulley’s horns. We mixed cream and gray paint as the base, and painted gray lines to make creases on the horns. To secure to Sulley, poke a toothpick halfway through each horn and insert into foam wreath at the top of his head.