Editor’s Note: Babble participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we receive a share of revenue from purchases you make from the links on this page.
Sure Dr. Seuss books are known to be zany and zoiny, with preposterous yet unforgettable Dr. Seuss characters and unmistakable word play. Yet those famous Dr. Seuss quotes are pretty hard-hitting, designed to not only rhyme, but teach important lessons to young readers.
Here are some of the best Dr. Seuss quotes to share with your kids year-round:
1. “Today you are YOU, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than YOU!”
Is this not the most encouraging thing? Our kids aren’t the only ones who could use a reminder that being ourselves is the best thing we can possibly be.
2. “You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.”
Anything is possible, according to Dr. Seuss! He reminds us that as long as we stay motivated, we are capable of achieving whatever we like.
3.”A person’s a person, no matter how small.”
This quote is perfect for teaching kids about respecting others. No matter what someone looks like or acts like, it’s important to teach others with respect.
4. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don’t mind and those who mind don’t matter.”
Again, R-E-S-P-E-C-T ! Whether your teens are fighting over the bathroom mirror or your toddlers are fighting over Sophie the Giraffe, this quote helps serve as a lesson to treat others with kindness.
5. “The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”
Dr. Seuss just gets it. Is there anything more important than reading? A book can take your anywhere in the world — all you have to do is turn the pages.
6. “Oh the places you’ll go!”
Dr. Seuss’ classic, Oh! The Places You’ll Go! is easily one of the best graduation gifts ever. It inspires children and graduates alike to strive to be the best they can be.
7. “Think left think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!”
While, admittedly, Dr. Seuss’ rhymes can get a little confusing to read aloud, the message is always simple. This quote tells readers to use their brains and more importantly, their imaginations.
8. “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.”
Doesn’t your heart just swell up reading this one? It is the perfect saying for moving forward and accepting the future. Whether you’re teaching your child about moving to a new home or losing a pet, Dr. Seuss has got you covered.
9. “Wherever you fly you’ll be the best. Wherever you go you will top all the rest.”
Talk about pumping up your self-esteem! This quote should be everyones #MondayMotivation.
10. “And will you succeed? Yes indeed. Yes indeed. 98 3/4 percent guaranteed.”
We’ll just keep telling ourselves this as we power through our kids’ tantrum in the supermarket.
11. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
Swoon. Dr. Seuss’ wife was certainly a lucky lady!
Get your Dr. Seuss fill with The Wonderful World of Dr. Seuss starter set from Amazon for $59.99