Motherhood is a winding (and rewarding) road — from mom’s first contraction all the way to watching her own daughter blossom into a beautiful mother. And all along the way, her wants and needs fluctuate. One day she would go bananas for a good foot massage, and the next for a warm embrace from the grandkids.
To help with the inevitable indecision of what to buy the hardworking, always-cares-about-everyone-but-herself mom in your life, we have played personal shopper. Here are our Mother’s Day gift guides for the mom-to-be, first time mom, mom of many, and grandma, all in one place.
Mom-to-be is in the process of making a human, so she needs all the relaxation and comfort one can get before the big day, some essentials for the hospital, and a few extras to prepare her and baby for the new adventures to come.
1. Amandopondo Bubble Bar: Get this from Lush, $7.95
2. Personalized Baby’s First Book, Little Explorer: Get this from Rag & Bone Bindery, $82.80+
3. Flora Nikrooz Peachblossom Robe: Get this from Anthropologie, $150
4. Organic Blanket Adventure: Get this from Designed by Artists, $65.50
5. Black Etu Leather Moccasins: Get these from Zulily, $37.99
6. The Jetset Marine Blue/Blush Fishtails Bag: Get this from Stella & Dot, $128
This is her first official Mother’s Day. And as a new mom, she will want to celebrate with anything and everything pretty that showcases her role. Most importantly, she will need some coffee to fuel the busier days (and a cute container to carry it).
1. Hot Stuff Thermal Mug: Get this from Shop Bando, $14
2. Best Mom Ever Phone Case: Get this from Casetify, $39.95
3. Custom Chocolate Slab: Get this from Swallow My Words, $5+
4. Mini Ceramic Candle Holder: Get this from Hallmark, $7.95
5. Motherhood Is My Muse Racerback Tank: Get this from Blanqi, $34
6. Hug from Mom Glass Tray: Get this from Francesca’s, $18
Between juggling the transportation to and from kids activities — sports practices, art classes, play dates — and the household chores — spit up cleanup, diaper laundry, meal prep — mom’s (and dad’s) got a tough job. Multiply this to-do list by two or three or four, and you’ve got a mom that really deserves some appreciation, convenience, and a little bling.
1. Signature Necklace: Get this from Brevity, $195 (Note: This is made using a little one’s signature.)
2. Custom Family Portrait: Get this from Etsy, $100+
3. Monogram Stationery: Get this from Rifle Paper Co., $16
4. What I Love About Mom by Me Book: Get this from Uncommon Goods, $10
5. Gift Certificate to Fashion and Styling Subscription Service: Get this from Stitch Fix, $250 (Note: clothes and accessories are hand-selected by a personal stylist, based on her style, and delivered to her door.)
Grandma will treasure custom gifts from the little nuggets. These act as a constant reminder of just how much they love her. Activities to spend some quality time together are also sure to win her over — like planting a Meyer lemon tree with nana in her backyard (see number five).
1. Grandmother’s Personalized Gold Plated Acorn Necklace: Get this from Merci Maman, $134+
2. Custom Children’s Art Pillow: Get this from Carley Kahn, $99 (Note: this one-of-a-kind pillow features mirrored reflections of the child’s artwork, made into an artsy pattern.)
3. Custom Silhouette: Get this from All Pop Art, $50
4. Watercolor Hearts: Get this from Minted, $29+
5. The Preserved Lemon Crate: Get this from Williams Sonoma, $99.95More On