Last Mother’s Day I was given a gift certificate for a “tea for two” at a darling little parlor down the road. I have to say that the most fun part of the experience was getting dressed. My little girl picked out my dress and shoes, and together we put on as many accessories as humanly possible. Once we arrived, however, my nerves steadily increased as my daughter’s ability to move slowly and sit quietly steadily decreased. Bless her heart, it is a long time to be proper. We only walked away with a few stains and one broken tea cup.
One of the most iconic tea scenes is from Alice in Wonderland. It was a favorite of mine from childhood, and it’s been so fun to see the same stories reimagined in a new light. And now we have the chance to revisit Wonderland with the new sequel, Alice Through the Looking Glass. If that isn’t reason enough to throw a celebratory tea party, I don’t know what is.
This adorable (and unbreakable) Printable Tea Party inspired by the set used in the movie is much more our speed. In the quiet of our backyard we poured marshmallows into tea cups and nibbled on chocolate biscuits. So, as you look forward to the new movie, invite your best furry friends, take a wardrobe tip from the Mad Hatter, and for goodness sake don’t be late.
Printable Tea Party
- Printable tea cups and saucers
- Printable plates
- White ink jet paper
- Scissors or x-acto knife
- Tape or glue
- Print printables on thicker, white ink jet paper.
- Score tabs and dotted lines to make folding easier later. Cut out the handle, saucer, cup, cup bottom, and plate (cutting for grown-ups only!)
- Fold along scored lines and start by attaching the ‘A’ tabs to the back of the cup using glue or tape.
- Complete the cup by attaching tab ‘B’. Fold ‘C’ tabs at a 90° angle and attach the cup bottom with glue or tape.
- Fold both the handle pieces together and glue or tape them taking care to not glue the tabs together. Flare the handle tabs open and glue or tape them on either side of an angular edge.
- Place on the plate and commence your tea party!
Note: these tea cups and dishes are ornamental and not meant to hold liquid, hot or cold.
Alice Through the Looking Glass will be available on Blu-ray™, Digital HD & Disney Movies Anywhere October 18th