While Valentine’s Days used to mean red roses, candle-lit dinners and bottles of wine, parenting brings out the simple innocence of the holiday: hand-made cards, heart-shaped sandwiches and red-and-pink cookies. It’s the perfect time to break out the glue, pom-poms and doilies, so we’re starting a Valentine’s Day Craft Series to get you prepared.
Even the littlest ones will love to make with this Thumbprint Card — almost as much as Grandma will love to receive it. Find step-by-step directions after the jump:
You will need:
- Card stock
- Washable red inkpad or paint
- Lots of paper towels on hand — especially if you’re using paint
- Ribbon and other embellishments
1. Use your child’s fingerprints to stamp hearts on a blank card. An inkpad is the easiest option, but finger paint will work as well.
2. Parents can add ribbons and write Valentine sentiments to family members and friends, who will then have a momento of your little one’s tiny fingers.