7 Tips and Tricks for Saving Money on Your Trip to Disney Worldamberdoty
Dying to take a vacation to Disney, but feel worried about the cost? While a trip to the park with your family is an experience that you are practically guaranteed to cherish for the rest of your life, it can be pricey and, for many, requires a little planning and saving. There are ways, however, to cut down on costs and make your vacation more affordable. They just require some forethought and a bit of insider knowledge from a person whose been there.
That’s where I come in. I am the family penny-pincher. I’m always on the hunt for a good deal or a way to trim our expenses and our recent trip to Disney World was no different. Once we made a decision to head south, the first thing I did was ask for the advice of friends in Florida who frequent the Magic Kingdom regularly.
The following money saving tips are a combination of their advice and my experience:
- Think carefully about what you need for a day away from home spent outdoors. Sunscreen? Sunglasses? Emergency band-aids? All of these things are cheaper when purchased outside of the park and having them on hand when they are needed will save you the cost of buying them inside the park.
- If your kids are of an age that requires a stroller, bring your own. Renting one from the park can be pricey and with the amount of walking you are going to do you are definitely going to need it.
- Pack your own snacks. If you are visiting during the summer months, be sure to bring plenty of water. If you don’t want to lug around a heavy bag filled with water bottles, pack a few reusable containers and fill them up at the many water fountains around the park.
- Establish a budget for souvenirs ahead of time and stick to it. Be firm and up front with your children before entering the park about what they will be allowed to bring home.
- If at all possible, plan your trip during an off-season when rates at resorts are significantly lower. Avoid holiday weekends or spring break.
- Peruse the internet for coupons or discounts on tickets. You may be surprised what you can find with a little detective work.
- Instead of opting for an expensive breakfast with the characters, make an effort to seek out your child’s favorite during your time in the park. Verizon’s Mobile Magic App is an excellent way to use your phone to locate a character with a GPS-enabled map. Download it before you arrive.