10 Great iPod/iPhone Apps for Kidsboredmommy
I have no problem with sharing them when we’re on the road, or in a line or when Mommy is trying to have a coffee with a girlfriend and the five year old is BOOOOOOORED.
Thankfully, there are TONS of great apps that are geared towards the younger set. I thought I would share some of my favorites – both educational apps and those that are just pure fun.
- Mind Snacks – French: A really fun app that encourages learning the French language – also comes in Spanish. Rated 4+ (Free, but costs extra to upgrade to all 50 levels)
- Park Math: Park Math is a great app for beginner math. There are tons of great educational apps available from Duck Duck Moose, so make sure to check them out. Rated 4+ ($1.99)
- Word Wagon: My little one loves this app for learning to read and spell. Rated 4+ ($1.99)
- Bob Books – The much beloved books used to learn to read by so many, are now an app! Tons of levels that you can purchase, once your child has progressed. Rated 4+ ($1.99)
- BrainPop – Watch a different video every day then take the quiz to see how much you learned. Rated 4+ (Free)
- Cube Dog 2: With Cube Dog, the kids get to customize their own dog, and then play with it in a variety of ways. You can also take pics with your dog. This new version adds even more fun to the mix. Rated 4+ ($.99)
- Talking Larry the bird: There are so many “talking” apps out there for kids, but Larry is our favorite. You can even record him as you mess with him. Rated 9+ (for mild cartoon violence – really mild in my opinion) ($.99)
- Cookie Doodle: A fun app that allows you to make and bake cookies, and even eat them. My kids love this one. Cake Doodle is also available! Rated 4+ ($.99)
- Toca Hair Salon: A fun app where you are the stylist in a salon – really fun app. If you like this one, Toca Boca has other great apps to try too. Rated 4+ ($1.99)
- Kideos: A great app that allows you to access tons of safe for children videos. Each video was carefully selected by a group of parents and educators. Rated 4+ ($2.99)
Do you have any apps that your kids love to play with? Leave your favorite kid friendly apps in the comments – I’m always looking for new ones!
For even more iPhone apps, check out Babble’s 50 best ones for kids!