Wooden Spoon Friends - Todd Oldham's craft ideas for homemade giftsTodd Oldham
These fun to paint wooden spoon friends were inspired by Alexander Girard’s beautiful wooden dolls that he handmade for his family in 1963.
- Unfinished wooden spoons
- Shoe box
- Acrylic paints
- Painter’s tape
- Paper plates
- Utility knife
- Trace a wooden spoon on scrap paper. Add stripes and facial expressions to your drawing. Use this as your template.
- Working from the top down, mask off your stripes with painter’s tape and paint. Let dry and remove tape.
- Complete your spoon dolls by painting a face on each and maybe add a bow tie too.
- Make a display for your dolls out of a shoe box painted in your favorite colors.
- Ask an adult to cut Xs with a sharp knife where you want your dolls to stand.
- After playing with a spoon friend push its handles through the X.
For more great kids crafts check out Kid Made Modern.
Article Posted 7 years Ago