These fun to paint wooden spoon friends were inspired by Alexander Girard’s beautiful wooden dolls that he handmade for his family in 1963.
- Unfinished wooden spoons
- Shoe box
- Acrylic paints
- Painter’s tape
- Paper plates
- Utility knife
- Trace a wooden spoon on scrap paper. Add stripes and facial expressions to your drawing. Use this as your template.
- Working from the top down, mask off your stripes with painter’s tape and paint. Let dry and remove tape.
- Complete your spoon dolls by painting a face on each and maybe add a bow tie too.
- Make a display for your dolls out of a shoe box painted in your favorite colors.
- Ask an adult to cut Xs with a sharp knife where you want your dolls to stand.
- After playing with a spoon friend push its handles through the X.
For more great kids crafts check out Kid Made Modern.
Article Posted 7 years Ago