“This is so cool, Mom,” my 8-year-old proclaimed. “I actually feel like a real Avenger!”
Now, I have to be really honest with you. I’ve never once wondered what being an Avenger feels like, but my son sure has. Spending countless hours imagining he possesses the super strength of both Captain America and the Hulk, the hammer of Thor, and the arc reactor of Iron Man, this kid has long fantasized about bringing justice to all of mankind.
While some might think such heroics only happen in the movies, Disney’s Playmation reminds us that we’re only limited by our imagination. Armed with repulsor gear, two power activators, and Captain America and Iron Skull smart figures, my son spent hours engaged in critical missions designed for true Avengers at heart.
Check out my son and his best buddy in all their avenging glory as they defend earth from the evils of Ultron and his destructive armies.
First Solo Mission:
“This mission was tough on Iron Skull’s Submarine, but I got him! I had to concentrate and think like a real Avenger. I used my weapon abilities and listened to the instructions from the repulsor gear to do even better. It was awesome!”
Friends, it was awesome and a marvel to witness. (Pun absolutely intended.) Instead of this kid plopped in front of the TV as per usual on a rainy day, he was running around, jumping, focusing, and honing in on his target with razor-sharp focus. Mommy like!
But what I really appreciated about this game was that my son could embark on missions alone or with friends (additional game system required). After a quick sync with his best neighbor buddy, these kids were ready to team the tyranny of destruction.
Synced and Ready for Action:
“This was easy to sync up. It took one second, well, maybe three.”
In no time, this defending duo was in action. Look! I couldn’t even get a clear photo — they were moving so fast! Thankfully, the motion-sensing technology on their repulsor gear caught it all!
OK, so they didn’t emerge victorious on this particular mission, but if you think defeat slowed them down, think again. These kids were more determined than ever to team up with their smart figure heroes to claim victory over their next battle. Location: Volcano Stronghold.
“Get him, get him!”
“Let me see what I can do over here.”
“It’s working! It’s working! You will not defeat us! Aghhhhhh!”
“We won! We won! Did you hear? It even said, ‘Enemies destroyed!'”
“I know we did super good because we kept defeating the bad guys. We were kicking open doors, jumping to dodge attacks, hiding behind walls, and everything!” (Psst! Relax, parents! It’s all virtual.)
Indeed they were, and for the stat-hungry — good news! There’s an app for that!
With the AvengersNet app, your child will be able to:
- Customize their gear with earned abilities
- Receive actual messages from the Avengers
- View battle stats
- Download additional missions
- Much, much more!
Take a peek:
“I’m already at level 2 with Captain America, and I’m getting better all the time. Your skills get better the more you play, and you get leveled up the better you do. I can’t wait to get to level 5, the Shield Strike attack sounds so cool.”
You know what else is cool? Progress reports in real time!
Reputation, abilities, level ups — oh my! So much juicy data puts your child deep into the action.
And of course, because your kiddo can’t know where they’re going if they don’t know where they’ve been …
Hello, location intel! Each location offers new exciting missions, which means your child is never playing the same game twice.
Final Thoughts from Kid Avengers:
“This game is so fun because I felt like I was in the movies! The repulsor and power activators make cool sounds and light up and vibrate and have all these neat features I never expected.” — Neighbor friend, age 9.
“Yeah, and when you’re really defeating Red Skull, you’re like, ‘Yeah, you can’t beat me, I’m an Avenger!’ I’m going to ask Santa for all the hero and villain smart figures this Christmas because I want to find out what abilities I can unlock and try all the missions as the characters! I love this game. Actually, all kids will and if they don’t, it’s just because they don’t know about it yet.” — BooBoo, age 8
“Yeah, all Avengers fans will love it because they get to be an actual Avenger!”
“That’s what I just said. Come on, let’s play again!”
Babble is giving away a Playmation Marvel Avengers Starter Pack, which retails for $119.99 (US), to one lucky winner! All you have to do is tell us, in one sentence, what super power your child would want to have.
Sweepstakes ends December 7th.
To enter, click “see comments” below this post. You must include “#BabblePlaymationSweepstakes” within your Facebook Comment. Get the full details on this awesome sweepstakes below, and get commenting!
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. See the complete General Rules and eligibility requirements that apply to all Sweepstakes here.
- Only 1 entry per person is allowed.
- The Sweepstakes entry period starts on Monday, November 30th at 13:00:01 PM EST and ends on Monday, December 7th at 12:59:59 PM EST.
- The retail value of the sweepstakes prize is $199.99 (US).
- We will choose the potential winner in a random drawing (comments will not be judged) on or about Tuesday, December 8th and send notice to that person by replying to their comment on Facebook. (You will get a notification on Facebook if we have replied.) If you are the potential winner but fail to claim your prize within 10 days of us sending you notice or are otherwise in non-compliance with the Sweepstakes rules (both General Rules and these Specific Rules), then we will choose an alternate winner.
- We will announce the winner here on or by Tuesday, December 22nd at 12:00 PM EST. By entering, you give us permission to include your first name (or the name provided on your Facebook account) in our winner announcement.