El Chapulín Colorado ( The Red Grasshopper) is an iconic “unofficial” member of any Hispanic family. Roberto Gómez Bolaños, the famous comedian who played the famed Chapulín, has a special place in the hearts of all Latinos. Did you know he’s on Twitter? Send him a tweet to great him hola!
If you don’t know who or what I’m talking about, check out this classic episode“The Pirate Ghost“ with English subtitles. Yay!
If you are searching for the perfect Halloween costume, El Chapulín Colorado is the perfect costume for you! It’s super easy to make, and I assure you that you will be the hit of the par-tay!
Check out these easy “El Chapulín Colorado” costume essentials:
- Red tights
- Red hoodie
- Yellow high-top shoes
- Yellow shorts
- Yellow felt material to make the heart that goes on your hoodie
- Alien antennas (red or yellow or both!)
For the heart, you cut out the letters CH and stick the heart onto your red hoodie with safety pins or an easy iron-on glue. Put on the red tights first, then the yellow shorts on top. You can also glue on the antennas to the hoodie. You’re done!
In addition to the costume, here are a few key phrases you need to know to complete your costume:
- “¡Síganme los buenos!” (“Good guys, follow my lead!”)
- “Se aprovechan de mi nobleza” (“They take advantage of my nobility”)
- “No contaban con mi astucia!” (“They did not count on my cleverness!”)
- “Lo sospeché desde un principio” (“I suspected it all along”/”I knew that”)
Photo Source: Canal de las Estrellas