How to Get Sofia Vergara’s Golden Globes Hair & MakeupMonique Frausto
Sofia Vergara is one of my all-time favorite bombshells. The Modern Family star looked radiant last night at the Golden Globes. She stunned us in a beautiful Zac Posen ball gown, while making a statement in Lorraine Schwartz jewelry.
Doesn’t she always rock the red carpet? I’m really glad she decided to take her glamour to another level by straying from the mermaid style gown she normally wears. And like always, her hair and makeup were flawless.
This morning I found out how she achieved her look. It’s really easy and something any one of us can create at home. I just had to share the steps with you.
Sofia’s hair was styled by celebrity hairstylist Harry Josh. And according to Josh, her look was all about the return of classic and chic hair. Something I truly appreciate.
“Waves have ruled the red carpet for so long. We wanted to keep Sofia looking modern and fresh and a chic, luxurious blowout lent her that,” says Josh.
Here’s how they (easily) styled Sofia’s hair:
- Josh created a diagonal part and blow dried her hair section by section with a two inch round brush and his Harry Josh Pro Tools Pro Dryer 2000 ($300).
According to Josh, this was the only tool he needed to give her this red carpet look. He used the built in ion technology of the dryer, in order to achieve a satin finish. “Sometimes less is more in a sea of overly intricate hairstyles. Simple and chic can steal the show,” said Josh.
Sofia also did a great job keeping her makeup clean, yet glam!
“For this year’s Golden Globes, I really wanted to do something different. I wear makeup every day – I wouldn’t think about leaving the house without it! – but of course it’s such a big night, and everyone is taking pictures, so I have to look good! With my dress so elegant and my necklace so bold (and heavy!), I wanted to keep my hair and makeup simple and classic,” said Sofia.
The COVERGIRL ambassador shared all the products that were used to get her red carpet look. Here she breaks it down for us:
- To start off with a good base that would last all night, I started with COVERGIRL truBLEND Foundation ($9.99) in M6 which is super lightweight and blendable.
- On top, a light dusting of powder to set the look and a bit of rosy color for the apples of my cheeks with Clean Glow Blush ($6.99) in Roses.
- My dress and jewels were the center of attention, so I had to balance my hair and makeup. For me, a really glamorous evening look starts with the eyes. I love the drama of a cat eye – tonight I went with brown liner as opposed to black with Bombshell Liner ($6.99) in Chocolate Kiss to create the look.
- I then used Bombshell Shine Shadow ($6.99) in Gold Goddess to give my eyes a little sparkle.
- As always, I LOVE big lashes so I used Bombshell Volume Mascara ($11.99) on my top and bottom lashes to add volume and intensity.
- For me, lipstick is a must – I feel naked without it. I wish I could just wear a nude shade, but it’s not me – I need color. I went with a bold red with LipPerfection Lip Color ($6.99) in Flame.
- Oh I also always keep a gloss in my purse for touch-ups!
It’s no wonder this woman has all eyes on her! Her look was easily one of my favorites. And all in all, it’s one that any of us can accomplish.