Love or Loathe? How to Get Beyonce’s Grammy HairstyleMonique Frausto
There’s no denying that Beyonce stole the show at the Grammy’s this past Sunday. She wowed us in a daring and beautiful white gown designed by “Project Runway” winner Michael Costello. But, it was her hairstyle that had the Twittersphere buzzing.
The superstar’s hair went from dry and curly on the red carpet to wet and curly on stage. Some even comparing her hair to ramen noodles! Yes…ramen noodles!
I personally loved Beyonce’s hairstyle and see it this way. Her hair represents the wild and free spirit she is as a performer. Leave the tame hair for the other pop stars!
Did you love or loathe Beyonce’s Grammy Hairstyle?
Stylist Kim Kimble was behind the talked about look and could care less about what the public has to say. She went on Twitter stating: “Loved creating this fierce, modern 1920’s style for #Beyonce with the help of @Pantene.” Enough said. If you loved her hairstyle, you’re in luck. Kim shares the steps (below) to get the “Drunk in Love” look at home.
Here’s how you can get Beyonce’s Grammy hairstyle:
- For a show-stopping wet, sexy look inspired by the 1920’s, start with clean, wet hair.
- Next, work the Pantene Pro-V Curly No Crunch Curls Whip ($6.99) into hair from root to tip to define frizz-free curls. Then brush through with a paddle brush to create soft, piece-y waves, and scrunch hair to help keep its definition.
- Spritz the Pantene Advanced+ Keratin Repair KeraGloss Oil Mist ($14) to add brilliant shine.
- To go from sexy to modern 20s chic, dry hair with a diffuser. Point the diffuser toward your crown to keep hair smooth at the root and use underneath at the ends of hair to achieve volume.
- Continue to scrunch hair until dry for added body. Use a 1/2 inch flat iron and wrap small pieces of hair around it to create additional soft waves, similar to a curling wand, to create a few additional waves.
- Tame flyaways at the roots of hair by using the Pantene Pro-V Stylers Shaping Hairspray ($5.99). It’s important this style looks messy and flawless, so a small amount of product at the crown is all you need.
- Finish off the look with the Pantene Advanced+ Keratin Repair KeraGloss Oil Mist ($14) for shiny, effortless waves.