Whether I was a 4-year-old watching Beauty and the Beast for the first time, or replaying it on a rainy Sunday, Disney movies have always been a constant part of my life. I’ve seen all of the classic animated films more times than I can count, making the characters from the movies very dear to my heart. I want to dance around the ballroom with Belle, go to battle with Mulan, and cook with Remy.
Now while I know I’m not actually able to jump into the screen to hang out with my favorite characters, there is a way to bring the magic of Disney to my kitchen table (beside my Mickey-rimmed dinner plates).
Here is a list of 14 foods from iconic Disney films that you can make right at home!
1. Ratatouille | Ratatouille
We can’t all be professional chefs like Remy, but give it a try! It might be good enough to impress Anton Ego … (recipe via Disney Family)
2. Tony’s Spaghetti Speciale | Lady and the Tramp
Extra points if you reenact the scene with your spouse or little ones!(recipe via Babble)
3. Tiana’s Gumbo | The Princess and the Frog
Take a trip to New Orleans for a night with some chicken and Andouille sausage gumbo. Don’t forget the extra hot sauce!(recipe via Babble)
4. “Eat Me” Cookies | Alice in Wonderland
These cookies probably won’t make you grow to the size of the room. (No promises though.)(recipe via Food in Literature)
5. John Smith’s Biscuits | Pocahontas
6. Aurora’s Pink and Blue Cupcakes | Sleeping Beauty
Fifteen layers is quite an undertaking, even if you are a fairy godmother. So instead of trying to bake Fauna’s birthday cake, here are some pink and blue cupcakes that are smaller, but just as special.(recipe via Disney Family)
7. Belle’s Breakfast Porridge | Beauty and the Beast
Eat with spoon. Or not … either way works.(recipe via Disney Family)
8. Merida’s Empire Biscuits | Brave
Enjoy these tasty treats from the Disney film, Brave. And remember what Merida’s mom said, “A princess does not leave her weapons on the table.” So leave your bow outside before you sit down to enjoy these biscuits.(recipe via The Disney Diner)
9. Yeti’s Yellow Snow Cones | Monsters, Inc.
Welcome to the Himalayas! Don’t be afraid of this yellow snow … it’s lemon! And quite refreshing.(recipe via Natural Sweet Recipes)
10. Snow White’s Gooseberry Pie | Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Snow White baked this pie and ended up finding her prince charming. I don’t know if there’s a correlation between the two … but might as well try and see!(recipe via Beekman 1802)
11. City Street Hot Dogs | Oliver & Company
Try these recipes for the best hot dogs on the block.(recipe via Babble)
12. Mushu’s “Happy to See You” Porridge | Mulan
Start your breakfast with a smile.(recipe via Spoon University)
13. Tiana’s Beignets | The Princess and the Frog
Apparently, the quickest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.(recipe via Babble)
14. Kronk’s Spinach Puffs | The Emperor’s New Groove
Remember: it’s the special drink that turned the emperor into a llama. The spinach puffs were perfectly fine.(recipe via M Loves M)More On