10 ‘Real Life’ Disney Princesses Deliver a Lovely Reality Without Spoiling the FantasyMeredith Carroll
When it comes to inspiring the imagination, Disney is the master. They’ve got it down to a science to the extent that their make-believe is the be-all, end-all for countless little girls. They try to realize themselves as Disney princess and recreate in their own lives what they see drawn on the big screen.
Helsinki-based multifaceted designer Jirka Väätäinen first started imagining the Disney girls in real life a few years ago (as seen here on Babble) through digital compositing, photomanipulation and digital painting — and the popularity of his creations inspired him to make even more renderings.
The images have a way or putting a little reality into the fantasy — basically, just enough to give you a glimpse of what they’d look like if they were really real, but not enough to spoil the fairy-tale magic.
Take a look at some of Väätäinen’s fanastical, more recent Disney “real life” girls creations:
‘Real Life’ Disney Girls 1 of 11Well, more real, anyway.
Cinderella 2 of 11Based on Disney's Cinderella
Ursula 3 of 11Based on Disney's The Little Mermaid
Rapunzel 4 of 11Based on Disney's Tangled
Tiana 5 of 11Based on Disney's The Princess and the Frog
Snow White 6 of 11Based on Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Esmeralda 7 of 11Based on Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Alice 8 of 11Based on Disney's Alice in Wonderland
Tinkerbell 9 of 11Based on Disney's Peter Pan
Jane 10 of 11Based on Disney's Tarzan & Jane
Megara 11 of 11Based on Disney's Hercules
All images used with permission from Jirka Väätäinen
More from Meredith on Babble:
- ‘My Baby, Not My Child’: Brave Woman Documents Giving Up Her Infant for Adoption (PHOTOS)
- ‘Up’ Fan Art Further Illustrates the Sweetness of a Poignant Story (PHOTOS)
- It Was Only a Matter of Time: Meet Hipster Mickey Mouse (PHOTOS)
- Bunny Babes! 15 Toddlers Who are All Ready for Easter
- ‘Flying Henry’ Magically Lands in Bookstores (PHOTOS)
- No Bunny Does Easter Like These 10 Awkward Easter Bunnies
- 10 Ways to Tell Your Second Child Apart from Your First
- Your Bad-Hair Day Just Got Better: 10 Hilariously Awkward Hairdos That, Thankfully, Aren’t Yours
- 10 Things Never to do With or Near a Toddler