Some people are just born happy. Others have to work at their happiness. Some succeed in their efforts while others try and, unfortunately, fail.
For some women, they think that just being a mom will automatically bring them joy. And while that’s often true, simply raising a child will not necessarily make you wake up with a smile on your face. On the contrary, having kids can bring an inane and — perhaps — surprising amount of stress and sadness to your life.
Which isn’t to say that being a mom isn’t a glorious and heartwarming endeavor. But doing it and being happy at the same time often takes a ton of work.
Here are 10 things happy moms do differently that can make the whole parenting process an eminently better one — and the greatest part? For the most part, they’re really just subtle changes that can yield big, bright results.
[collection type=’slideshow’ style=’classic’]
Photo credits: iStockphoto
More from Meredith on Babble:
- Soulumination Documents the Priceless Yet Fleeting Joy of Families with Terminally Ill Children (PHOTOS)
- Hilarious! Museum of Bad Art Gives Your Kid’s Artwork a Run for Its (Ugly) Money (PHOTOS)
- 10 Photos of Kids Whose Parents are Obviously Doing at Least 1 Thing Right
- When Dad Doesn’t Know Best: 10 Hilariously Awkward Father’s Day Photos
- 12 Pieces of Graduation Advice to Guide Kids Through It All
- Artist Merrily Morphs Her Dad Into the Superhero She’s Always Believed Him to Be (PHOTOS)
- Breast Milk-Flavored Lollipops Plus 9 Other ‘Treats’ That are All Sorts of Wrong