My parents were awesome. So were yours. They all might still be. You know, if we hadn’t come along and ruined it for them.
Eliot Glazer gets that our parents had stories — and interesting ones, at that — before we were born. Which is hard to imagine. You know, since we just assume that we are what make our parents interesting.
So Glazer collected photos. Lots and lots of them. Photos of our parents. Being awesome. Before us. It’s still hard to imagine, until you look at the photos and realize that parents were people, too. You know, before they were parents.
Check them out:
[collection type=’slideshow’ style=’classic’]
All photos used with permission from Eliot Glazer
To buy a whole book full of awesome parents by Eliot Glazer, click here
More from Meredith on Babble:
- Gruff Dad Makes Sweet Music for the World’s Bravest—and Sickest—Kids, Including His Daughter
- Child’s Play All Grown Up! Artist Creates Masterful Dioramas with Toilet Paper Rolls (PHOTOS)
- Cabbage Patch Wigs: For Everyone Who Feels the 1980s Came and Went Far Too Soon (PHOTOS)
- Red, White and Awkward: 10 Fourth of July Photos with More Agita Than A Hot Dog-Eating Champion
- Toy Story vs. The Shining: The Mash-Up That Will Give You Heartwarming Nightmares (PHOTOS)
- Fake It ‘Til You Make It: Artist Mixes Total Strangers to Construct Family Portraits (PHOTOS)
- Daydreamers: Photographer Captures the Sparkle of People Envisioning Happiness (PHOTOS)