When you know better, you do better. It’s just that the process of how, exactly, to know better can be a tough one. Especially when you’re a mom, and what you know, and how you do it, affects not just you, but your child.
Joan Wickersham recently wrote on The Huffington Post about seven truths that women have to learn the hard way, which got us to thinking about truths that moms have to learn the hard way. It’s a nice idea to think it’s our kids who learn lessons the hard way, and that by the time we’re old enough to have kids, we know better and will take the path of least resistance.
Yeah, it’s a nice idea.
Here are seven truths that moms have to learn the hard way. Quite unfortunately.
[collection type=’slideshow’ style=’classic’]
Photo credits: iStockphoto
More from Meredith on Babble:
- Splash! 20 People Respond Hilariously While Getting Doused in the Face with Water
- 18 Sweet Babies Comically Pucker Up to Sour Lemon Slices
- Look, Kids! Big Ben! 10 Awkward Vacation Photos More Painful Than the Griswolds’
- Photographer Uses Children to Brilliantly Re-create 6 Famous Images of Pop-Culture Icons
- 15 Hilarious Photos of a Little Girl with a Big Personality in ‘Photogenic Princess’ Series
- Awkward Years Project Gives Hope to Nerdy Ducklings that Confident Swans are in their Future (PHOTOS)
- Clever Photographer Chalks Up a Win with Baby “Blackboard Adventures’ Portraits (PHOTOS)