9 Remarkable Photos Document a Tenacious Young Girl’s Successful Battle Against CancerMeredith Carroll
If it’s possible that there’s an upside to cancer, what else can it be but surviving it?
Photographer and musician Mark Cox‘s daughter Sarah was diagnosed with leukemia, and while she kicked it’s butt, it was a three-year battle. As it turns out, surviving it was, indeed, the best part. But the second best part just might have been how strong Sarah was throughout the process that left her in the hospital for well over 100 days in all.
Along the way, Cox photographed Sarah, from pre to post chemo, to show exactly how strong she can be — and, he thinks, how strong anyone with cancer can be.
“I wanted to show the beauty of Sarah, not the ugliness of cancer,” Cox told Yahoo! Shine.
Here are some of Cox’s photos of his girl’s successful battle against cancer, along with his own descriptions of each one:[collection type=’slideshow’ style=’classic’]
More from Meredith on Babble:
- Gruff Dad Makes Sweet Music for the World’s Bravest—and Sickest—Kids, Including His Daughter
- Child’s Play All Grown Up! Artist Creates Masterful Dioramas with Toilet Paper Rolls (PHOTOS)
- Cabbage Patch Wigs: For Everyone Who Feels the 1980s Came and Went Far Too Soon (PHOTOS)
- Red, White and Awkward: 10 Fourth of July Photos with More Agita Than A Hot Dog-Eating Champion
- Toy Story vs. The Shining: The Mash-Up That Will Give You Heartwarming Nightmares (PHOTOS)
- Fake It ‘Til You Make It: Artist Mixes Total Strangers to Construct Family Portraits (PHOTOS)
- Daydreamers: Photographer Captures the Sparkle of People Envisioning Happiness (PHOTOS)