Delicious Cookie Recipies for Katie Fisher DayCarolyn Castiglia
Katie Fisher Day – celebrated March 12 – is meant to honor the life and kindnesses of Katie Fisher, who died in a car accident at age 24. Fisher loved to bake and send cookies to her brother while he was in college, and so her loved ones encourage everyone to bake cookies today for someone special.
With that in mind, I picked a few cookie recipes from the many delicious-sounding ones here at Babble and thought I’d share them with you. Some are easier to make than others, but they all look divine. Let me know if you try one!
Grincherbread Cookies 1 of 5This recipe features gingerbread, raisins, and white chocolate chips - and for extra Grinchy crunch, chop up 1 cup of green candy melts and toss those into your batter! Click here for the full recipe!
Chai Glazed Cookies with Pistachios 2 of 5Yum! The original recipe is in German, so here's a translation (you'll have to do the measurement/temp conversions):
100g softened butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
250 g flour
1 package vanilla pudding mix to a boil
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3-4 tbsp milk
rubbed rind of half an orange
for the icing:
200g icing sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon butter
1 tea bag of chai tea (or tea ball with chai tea mix)
1) Preheat oven to 200°C top and bottom heat, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2) mix butter, sugar, vanilla sugar and salt with a whisk until creamy.
3) stir in eggs.
4) mix flour, custard powder and baking powder, then stir into the batter. Milk and orange zest and add everything into a smooth dough.
5) Portion the dough on the baking sheet. Remember, leave space between the cookies.
6) Bake for 15-20 minutes, then allow to cool only slightly.
7) melt the butter in a small saucepan, then add the milk to the pot and after gentle heating, remove from heat. Place the tea bag in the liquid and pull after 3-4 minutes. Powdered sugar, mix well and stir until a spreadable glaze results. As always with powdered sugar glazes you the glaze appears too runny, just add more powdered sugar. If it is too thick, add a little milk.
Hope that translation makes sense! These sound amazing!
Rainbow Mint Chip Cookies 3 of 5So pretty! The recipe is here at The Alison Show.
Ombre Cookies 4 of 5Lovely! This recipe comes courtesy of The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle.
Dark Chocolate Cherry Primal Cookie Bars 5 of 5OMG want! Here's how to make these!
For more cookie ideas, look here.