Doctors Prescription Error Proves Fatal For Boy, Pharmacy Misses It Too

 fatal prescription error, walgreens pharmacy fatal error, Phillipe Galette, pharmacy error, doctor prescription error
Phillipe was given a double dose of the same medication.

A 12-year-old boy died because his doctor wrote a double prescription for the same medicine and the pharmacy that filled it didn’t catch the obvious mistake.

Phillipe Galette who suffered from depression, mood swings and aggressive behavior, was a patient of Dr. Marie Gisele St. Felix at the Queens Children’s Psychiatric Center in New York. After Dr. Felix accidentally wrote two prescriptions for different strengths of the same drug, Bupropion, Walgreens filled both without catching the error.

Phillipe’s mother followed the dosages prescribed on each bottle, the boy took so much of the drug that he overdosed, and died on the way to the hospital.

Pastor filed a lawsuit against the doctor and the pharmacy. Walgreens filled both prescriptions without questioning whether they were correct, the suit says.

Don’t the large pharmacies have computer programs that should have caught a double prescription? This is not the first time a prescription error has caused death, and unfortunately it won’t be the last, which makes it imperative that every parent double checks every medicine their child takes. While it’s ridiculous to think that a doctor and a pharmacist both missed the mistake, it’s obviously possible. It happened in this case and now a family is mourning a little boy.

More prescription errors:

Pregnant Woman Given Abortion Drug Instead Of Antibiotic Due To Pharmacy Mix-up

Another Safeway Pharmacy Error: A Near Fatal Overdose Of Family Dog



Article Posted 5 years Ago

Videos You May Like