Not everyone sees the potential in story-book princesses. Some people think they suck the empowerment out of little girls with all of their frilly and fluffy goals.
Others, however, see princess such as Rapunzel and Snow White are having the strength to lead by butt-kicking example.
Artist Christoper Stoll married off the Disney Princesses — but not to their Prince Charmings. Instead, he blended them with a team of superheroes known for bringing swift and forceful justice to the world — thus the birth of the Princess Avengers, based on the Marvel Comics characters of the same name.
Stoll said he initially embarked on the project to in an effort to practice digital art and manipulation and then continued it as a joke, but, surprised by the positive reception, he finished it and has been applauded for the mashups that give a new, strong take on the ladies mostly known for batting their eyelashes and pining for true love.
Take a look:
[collection type=’slideshow’ style=’classic’]
All images used with permission from Christopher Stoll
More from Meredith on Babble:
- Soulumination Documents the Priceless Yet Fleeting Joy of Families with Terminally Ill Children (PHOTOS)
- Hilarious! Museum of Bad Art Gives Your Kid’s Artwork a Run for Its (Ugly) Money (PHOTOS)
- 10 Photos of Kids Whose Parents are Obviously Doing at Least 1 Thing Right
- When Dad Doesn’t Know Best: 10 Hilariously Awkward Father’s Day Photos
- 12 Pieces of Graduation Advice to Guide Kids Through It All
- Artist Merrily Morphs Her Dad Into the Superhero She’s Always Believed Him to Be (PHOTOS)
- Breast Milk-Flavored Lollipops Plus 9 Other ‘Treats’ That are All Sorts of Wrong
- 10 Things Happy Moms Do Differently