Red, White and Awkward: 10 Fourth of July Photos with More Agita Than A Hot Dog-Eating ChampionMeredith Carroll
It’s simply not the Fourth of July if it’s, say, July 3rd or 5th. Or if someone doesn’t char their fingers on a sparkler or the family dog doesn’t freak out when the fireworks display gets underway and run off in fear until Labor Day.
It’s nice to think it’s one of those holidays where we celebrate our independence from Great Britain and the signing of the Declaration of Independence.
But the folks over at Awkward Family Photos know what the day is really about: people looking uncomfortable wearing horizontal stripes and drinking way too much beer at 11 a.m. on a Thursday when it’s 104 degrees in the shade.
Happy Fourth of July:[collection type=’slideshow’ style=’classic’]
[videopost src=’https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0HT8UIADns’ width=’640′ height=’400′]
All images used with permission from Awkward Family Photos
More from Meredith on Babble:
- ‘Fat. Fit. Flabulous!’: Photographer Celebrates Healthy Ladies with Love Handles (PHOTOS)
- Fake It Til You Make It: Artist Mixes Total Strangers to Construct Family Portraits (PHOTOS)
- Cabbage Patch Wigs: For Everyone Who Feels the 1980s Came and Went Far Too Soon (PHOTOS)
- Speak Like a Native’ Ads Cleverly Suggest Another Language Lurks Inside Us All (PHOTOS)
- Daydreamers: Photographer Captures the Sparkle of People Envisioning Happiness (PHOTOS)