Sunday, August 4th is a special day. A day to pay tribute to those female bonds that you were born with or that were added to your family after your birth; a day to celebrate your sisters. This Sunday is Sisters Day!
A sister can be a girl’s best friend, or the biggest pain in one’s side, depending on the person, the day, or even the hour. But no matter if it’s during good times or during bad times, you are stuck with her. In celebration of this year’s Sisters Day, we’ve put together twelve of the sweetest, most poignant and powerful quotes about sisters to share with those you love!
1. “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there”-Amy Li
2. “Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other”-Carol Saline
3. “Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sister are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship”-Margaret Mead
4. “Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life”-Charles M. Schulz
5. “You know full well as I do the value of sisters’ affections. There is nothing like it in the world”-Charlotte Bronte
6. “A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost”-Marion C. Garretty
7. “If you don’t understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child”-Linda Sunshine
8. “Sisters never quite forgive each other for what happened when they were five”-Pam Brown
9. “A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much nor ourselves-a special kind of double”-Toni Morrison
10. “Sisters are different flowers from the same garden”-Author Unknown
11. “A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life”-Isadora James
12. “Our roots say we’re sisters, our hearts say we’re friends”-Author Unknown