Oh, summer — the sunshine and beach days and bonding time with our kids has been great(ish), but um … we’re kind of done now. Because there have also been tantrums about sunscreen and sticky popsicles and absolutely NO silence or privacy.
So if you, too, are counting down the days until your children become the teacher’s responsibility for most of the day, you’re not alone. In fact, all of these parents feel the exact same way — and have been tweeting about it nonstop.
1. And leave me alone.
2. So close, yet so far.
3. Timing is key.
4. It all makes sense now.
5. Is there a crash course on this?
6. They’re bottomless pits.
8. But really, though.
9. Ugh, they ruin everything.
10. Hm … that song sounds familiar.
11. A perfect substitute.
13. We’ve had it backwards this whole time!
14. But who’s counting?
15. It may be time to hit the books …
16. At least the feeling’s mutual.
17. Time flies when you’re … oh wait.
18. An accurate depiction of summer.