Valentine’s day is right around the corner, and I bet you’re already thinking about who you’re going to ask you be your special someone! You may already have that perfect person in mind or you’re single and dreading the need for a last minute date.
I’ll be honest — I don’t like Valentine’s Day. I think it puts too much importance on being in a relationship and all the gooey love stuff is just so not my thing. (I’m a non-romantic.) I love my husband, but I don’t like feeling forced when it comes to showing him my affection with cheesy cards and heart-filled gifts.
If you find yourself without a date this year or you’re just looking for the best Valentine ever… I have one for you — your cat! Sure, you probably forgot all about them, but they really do make the best valentine for many compelling reasons.
- You don’t have to dress up in your uncomfortable Spanx, shave your legs, or wrestle with false eyelashes for your cat.
- You don’t need to get an elaborate gift, just some catnip and they’re happy.
- You don’t have to spend hours grocery shopping for your romantic meal — just chocolate for you and canned food for them. They’re a very inexpensive date!
- Hanging out at home is also their idea of a really good time.
- They’re totally not romantic, just like you — cats know just the right amount of cuddle time before it gets to be too much.
- Cats won’t get upset if you bring back the wrong kind of flowers.
- There are no expectations at the end of the night.
- Your cat won’t roll their eyes at you when you want to watch Love Actually for the 100th time.
- You know that no matter how poorly your date went, you’ll still see them the next day.
- You know that you won’t be out too late, and they won’t be mad when you go to bed at 9 PM.
:: Will your cat be a part of your Valentine’s Day plans? Share in the comments! ::
Photo credit: adapted from FreeDigitalPhotos