If you’re desperately searching for some last-minute inspiration regarding what to wear for Halloween, search no further.
It’s actually easier, in a way, to come up with some killer costume ideas when you’re sporting a human being around in your mid-section because you can utilize your bump as a prop.
Of course, if you’re too damn tired to be creative, which could most certainly be the case, then do yourself a favor and grab one of these maternity Halloween T-shirts.
But, if you have a hankering to dress up your bump then click onward for ten great maternity costume ideas that utilize your bump to the fullest extent:
I posted this list of maternity Halloween costume ideas last year and figured it was worth a re-post as we near the big day once again this year.
1. Classic Jack-o-Lantern Paint your belly orange with a smiling face. You can wear ordinary street clothes, or overalls with a flannel shirt and a straw hat, like this adorable gal.
2. Fish-Bowl Paint a fish and some bubbles on your belly, then wear a light blue or white outfit. Here’s a step-by-step guide for that.
3. Watermelon Paint stripes on your belly in two different shades of green to look like a watermelon, then dress like a farmer.
4. Beach babe. Daring. As shown in the link above, this one requires you to don a bikini top! Paint your belly like a beach ball and you’re good to go.
5. Pea Pod Paint your belly green, then wear all green and cut a vertical slit in your shirt to let your belly show through.
6. Basketball Paint your belly orange with black stripes, and dress like a basketball player as shown here.
7. Santa Claus Use that bowl full of jelly baby to your advantage!
8. Plumber or Beer Belly Guy All you need is manly looking clothes such as jeans and a flannel shirt, with a sleeveless undershirt (wife-beater), a short wig, a baseball cap and your pregnant belly hanging out. Sporting plumber’s crack is optional!
9. Shotgun Bride Head to the nearest thrift shop for a cheap wedding dress and veil. (To add to the effect have your husband or boyfriend suit up and carry a shotgun)
10. Bee Bright yellow tank or tee, wrap black duct tape to make stripes around the yellow tank, grab some wings at your local costume shop (if they aren’t black you can spray paint them) and pull that old pair of black leggings out of your drawer, grab some black heels and voila, your legs will look tiny compared to your belly to create bumblebee legs.
For more ideas on homemade costumes click here.
For ready made maternity costumes you can buy online click here.
Go Mommy and Me with these homemade Halloween costume ideas!