Call me sucker for cheesy inspirational and funny quotes. There is a reason that people consistently re-tweet or post quotes. They like them. And gosh darn it, so do I.
I hope these quotes bring a smile to your heart or a laugh to your belly. I don’t know about you, but I need all the smiles and laughter I can get (cue Debbie the Downer music).
10 Inspirational and Funny Quotes About Birth and Pregnancy
1. “A mother’s joy begins when new life is stirring inside … when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the very first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone.” – Author Unknown
2. “Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour I would die for you. This is the miracle of Mother’s Love.” – Maureen Hawkins
3. “Before you were born I carried you under my heart. From the moment you arrived in this world until the moment I leave it, I will always carry you in my heart.” – Mandy Harrison
4. “A woman has two smiles that an angel might envy, the smile that accepts a lover before words are uttered, and the smile that lights on the first born babe, and assures it of a mother’s love.” – Thomas C. Haliburton
5. “People are giving birth underwater now. They say it’s less traumatic for the baby because it’s under water. But it’s certainly more traumatic for the other people in the pool.” —Elayne Boosler
6. “Having a baby is like taking your lower lip and forcing it over your head.” – Carol Burnett
7. “You know what they say when a supermodel gets pregnant? Now she’s eating for one.” – Jay Leno
8. “How can I have morning sickness when I don’t get up till noon?” – Rita Rudner
9. “If nature had arranged that husbands and wives should have children alternatively, there would never be more than three in a family.” – Lawrence Housman
10. “Life is tough enough without having someone kick you from the inside.” – Rita Rudner