The other day, a song came on the radio that transported me back to the moments just before my son’s birth. In an instant, I was swept away, back to the delivery room, to the incredible anticipation of his birth.
It was such a lovely memory.
Before he was born, I poured through our music library and chose my favorite songs. My playlist was a work in progress for weeks. I added and deleted songs until I felt I had the perfect mix.
I knew that I wouldn’t want to listen to music while actually delivering, so I focused on selections that I hoped would soothe me as I labored.
So what was on my playlist?
- “Crash Into Me” by the Dave Matthews Band
- “By Your Side” by Sade
- “Everything” by Michael Buble
- “Only Time” by Enya
- “The Best Of What’s Around” by the Dave Matthews Band
- “Fallen” by Sarah McLachlan
- “Sweet Baby James” by James Taylor
- “Hallelujah” by Jeff Buckley
- “A Better Life” by Keith Urban
- “Paint the Sky with Stars” by Enya
- “Satellite” by the Dave Matthews Band
- “Kind And Generous” by Natalie Merchant
- “Come Away With Me” by Nora Jones
- “Home” by Michael Buble
- “Wave On Wave” by Pat Green
- “Wonder” by Natalie Merchant
- “Only Want to be With You” by Hootie and the Blowfish
- “Making Memories of Us” by Keith Urban
- “Where Are You Going” by Dave Matthews
- “These Are Days” by Natalie Merchant
Need a more upbeat list? Check out Danielle’s funny list: 33 Catchy Songs for Labor.