5 Easy Ways to Make Your Pregnant Wife HappyErinBehan
There’s nothing like a few pregnancy hormones to ruin a perfectly good relationship. OK, ruin is an overstatement, but the husband or partner of a pregnant women walks a very fine line when interacting her. Especially at night after a long day of work, child-rearing and life-wrangling.
In this vein, I’ve come up with a list of 10 things every pregnant woman wants their husband or partner to do. Feel free to add your top ones in the comment section, or print this out and give it to someone you love.
1. Take out the trash. No, it’s not a guy/girl thing, it’s a SMELL thing. Pregnant women don’t like nasty smells. Nothing smells nastier than the trash. And don’t wait to take it out until it’s been stuffed down five times and is literally bursting at the seams. Take it out now.
2. Make dinner more often. See, I’m not even saying all the time, or even most of the time, just more often. Truth is, a lot of time cooking sucks when you’re pregnant. I don’t know why, but after you immerse yourself in the scent of dinner for 45 minutes, it often becomes completely unappetizing to eat. This happens a lot less often when someone else is doing the cooking.
3. Ask before you eat. Whether it’s the last cookie, the last piece of chocolate, the last scoop of ice cream, the last pickle, DO NOT eat it until you have asked–in a voice loud enough to be heard–if that is OK.
4. Buy flowers (or whatever small gesture it is that makes her feel loved). While there are many reasons to feel sexy and special as a pregnant woman, there are many things about being pregnant that can really bring a woman down. The more nice little things you do, the more those unsexy pregnant thoughts will recede into the background.
5. Give her a foot massage. If my husband were to give me a foot massage every night, I just might–might–forgive him for impregnating me in the first place (just kidding!). But seriously, the extra pregnancy weight does horrible things to one’s feet and even a five-minute foot massage does wonders.
What about you? What simple things could your partner do for you to make being pregnant a little more bearable?