5 Things No Overdue Pregnant Woman Wants To HearAlyson Brown
Nope. No baby yet.
Now that my due date has come and gone, I can’t help but find myself giggling at the phone calls, facebook messages, text messages, etc. asking me, is there a baby yet? Everyone is on pins and needles. After 9 months of anticipation, everyone is just so excited to see those first pictures of our little bundle and who can blame them? I’m trying to enjoy every minute of my day, thinking about this baby and when he will decide it’s time. But there’s definitely a difference between excitement and the constant reminder that you’re overdue.
Here are 5 things no overdue mama-to-be wants to hear.
1. You’re STILL pregnant? Yes, thanks, obviously you noticed that I’m not holding a newborn baby in my arms and my belly is still shaped like a basketball!
2. Your belly looks huge! Quickly followed by “I’m sure that baby is cramped in there by now!” I think regardless of the stage in your pregnancy, no woman wants to hear that she’s huge. Especially not in the days before she’s hoping to vaginally deliver her baby. Ouch!
3. When exactly was your due date? Even though that particular date is like a slowly approaching time bomb that you base your entire pregnancy off of, we all know that they can be off by a few days or even weeks. If you’ve been following my posts, you know that I’ve had a couple different due dates and I’ve tried countless times to ignore all three. I’m thinking this baby is just peachy to make his entrance somewhere in the middle.
4. Being over due isn’t THAT bad. At least you have more time to ____. There’s only so much you can do in anticipation and I’ve already cleaned my entire house, twice.
5. My baby was 3 weeks early/10 days late. Haven’t you ever cooked something that said “30 minutes or until golden brown” and sometimes you burn it or other times those 30 minutes aren’t enough? Every pregnancy is different and some babies just need a little more time to cook in the oven. I’m thinkin’ this little guy is just not “done” yet.
I know this baby will come when he’s ready and honestly, I don’t mind the constant questioning. How about you? Did you hear any of these comments? How did you help pass the time?