Dukan Diet – Will This Diet Help Get Your Pre-Pregnancy Body Back?Molly Thornberg
So you’ve had that baby and are looking for a post pregnancy diet that will help you shed those pounds! Those pregnancy cravings for donuts and fried chicken added some LBs to those hips and now it’s time to shed em’!
Meet the newest diet craze: The Dukan Diet – dubbed as The French Medical Solution for Permanent Weight Loss.
It’s rumored that Kate Middleton is using the diet to get wedding gown ready for her big day and that Gisele Bundchen used the Dukan Diet to lose her baby weight. Could this be the answer to how you will get your pre-pregnancy body back? Over 5 million French are apart of the Dukan Diet community. Will this be another Atkins diet or South Beach diet that will take over the states?
Here’s a general overview of the Dukan diet.
- The Dukan Diet consists of 4 steps.
- 2 focusing on quick weight loss – The attack and cruise phases
- 2 for keeping the weight off forever – The consolidation and stabilization phases
- High protein – low calorie diet
- The diet seems to resemble the south beach/Atkins. Though even in the Attack phase (phase 1) you can eat oat bran and your choices for meat need to be lean.
- In the Cruise phase you are adding in non-starchy veggies
- The consolidation plan allows you to eat unlimited protein and vegetable every day, plus a piece of low-sugar fruit – whole grain bread and hard cheese.
- The stabilization maintenance phase, you each whatever you like as long as you follow phase 1 – 1 day a week and eat 3 tablespoons of oat bran and walk 20 minutes a day.
- Sugar-free gum, artificial sweeteners, vinegars, and spices are allowed on The Dukan Diet.
- You are encouraged to take a multi-vitamin daily
You can purchase the book, The Dukan Diet: The French medical solution for permanent weight loss on Amazon for complete details.
UK Book. Devised by Dr Pierre Dukan, a French medical doctor who has spent his career helping people to lose weight permanently, The Dukan Diet is the culmination of thirty-five years’ clinical experience. Without any of the usual marketing hype, The Dukan Diet swept across France, championed by the people who had successfully lost weight following the diet. It is now estimated that the Dukan community numbers over 5 million people in France. Easy to follow with no calorie counting, The Dukan Diet offers clear simple guidelines, menu planners and delicious recipes for long term success. Beyond its immense success in France, The Dukan Diet has been adopted by 20 countries and translated into 10 languages. Many international observers agree that this is the method most likely to put a stop to the world’s weight problems.
Have you tried the Dukan Diet?