Pregnant With Mold In The House – What Would You Do?

Yesterday plumbers found mold in our house, the rental we moved into two weeks ago, when investigating a leak in our kitchen.

Within an hour the kids and I started feeling sick, headaches and more. The kids complaining of feeling ill, headaches, nausea, all independently of each other, and without even knowing about any mold situation (not that they’d know what mold means!).

What would you do??

Being highly sensitive myself, and very pregnant, I was concerned for my health as well as my sensitive kiddos, having had bad experiences in the past with mold, and hearing way too many horror stories about sickness and toxicity.

But the reaction from the landlord was more than laid back, and since then I’ve received advice ranging from “it’s no big deal, just air it out, yes you can still stay there while it’s airing out” to “this is a very serious situation, you can’t go back into the house until it’d remediated“.

What would you do? Let me add that we have no funds (it all went into the move!) for hotel stays, getting testing done ourselves, etc. I also forgot my hairbrush when we grabbed a few things and left the house.  It’s that crazy.

The stress has me ready to drown my sorrows in Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts, seeing as today is National Donut Day.  And I wouldn’t feel bad about that one bit.


I don’t know what to do. And it’s Friday.

What would you do if they found mold in your house?

UPDATE: Thanks everyone for your very helpful advice and support, I just wanted to let you know that we had a mold expert come and evaluate the situation. Once he had his report he was able to educate the landlord and the mold remediation was completed the next day. Today I sit back in my house, watching the kitchen ceiling being put back in (it had to all be removed) and am so grateful the situation was taken care of in just over a week.

Article Posted 5 years Ago

Videos You May Like