Rosie Pope's Holiday Dressing Tips for Expecting MomsLauren Jimeson
I never bought maternity clothes with my first pregnancy. I was living in Florida at the time and it was during the summer, so maxi dresses were my best friend. This time around it is the complete opposite. I am living in New York City and pregnant in the middle of fall and winter, the coldest months of the year.
Maxi dresses won’t cut it this time around, so I have found myself searching for the perfect maternity clothes that are flattering yet comfortable. I’ve found some great everyday items that have fit the bill, but knowing that the holidays are right around the corner with plenty of holiday parties to attend, I know I will need a dress for the occasion.
I’ve never been big on spending a lot of money on clothes, especially ones that I am only limited to wearing for nine months. Thankfully, Gilt.com and Rosie Pope, star of Bravo’s Pregnant in Heels and maternity designer who is expecting her 3rd baby, have teamed up with some great tips to dress up your bump for the holiday season as well as an incredible sale on some of Rosie’s top holiday items!
Rosie’s Top 5 Tips for Moms-to-Be Dressing During the Holidays:
- Winter white is your friend. It not only looks sharp and on trend but is perfect for the fourth trimester to camouflage your wee one’s spit up!
- If you want to wear sequins or any type of sparkle make sure the colors are the same as the fabric they come on. This will allow you to be festive with out looking over the top.
- Leggings can be one of the most comfortable things while you’re pregnant. Don’t be afraid to wear them to holiday parties as long as you pair with a great pair of knee high boots and a stylish sweater.
- Don’t worry if you wear your favorite outfits over and over to all the holiday parties. People aren’t expecting a new wardrobe every time and you can make the same dress work over and over by switching up accessories. The important thing is you look and feel great.
- Skinny belts are wonderful to add a dash of color and make any outfit festive. I love animal print belts this fall. Make sure though that they are comfortable especially when you sit down.
Here’s a sneak peek of some of the great Rosie Pope dresses going on sale tomorrow on Gilt.com. I’ve got my eye on the Cinched Dress!
Cinched Dress 1 of 5Original $150 Gilt Kids $90
Mini Empire Dress 2 of 5Original $225 Gilt Kids $135
Greenwich Dress 3 of 5Original $150 Gilt Kids $90
Classic V Neck Sweater 4 of 5Original $165 Gilt Kids $99
Waffle Cocoon Sweater 5 of 5Original $269 Gilt Kids $161
To check out all of Rosie’s tips for the holidays and find an outfit of your own, visit the Gilt.com starting at 12pm ET on November 9th!