Want to avoid the frump? It’s easy to do. You can still rock your pre-pregnancy style with a few easy tips, and I mean easy! Just because your pregnant doesn’t mean you have to give up shopping for cute clothes + fun dresses. Rockin’ the bump can be just as fun. Don’t worry about the weight gain for now, just work that belly mommas! Your fashion sense doesn’t have to suffer just because your morning sickness and exhaustion has set in.
Here are ten ways to help you keep rockin’ your style.
1. Do not put on yoga pants, sweat pants, or anykind of active wear. Instead opt for a great pair of colored skinny jeans or throw on a dress. It takes less time than squeezing into pants.
2. In the awkward I-kinda-look-fat, I-kinda-look-pregnant stage? Or are you lucky to just have a small baby bump? Add a skinny belt to show it off! It’s the perfect way to say “hey I’m pregnant!”
3. Layering pieces should be your new best friend. It adds color to your outfit and makes it complete giving you an all around more together look. Layer a tank or two under a bold colored cardigan + belt it. Throw on a statement necklace and you are good to go.
4. This is the time where you want to flaunt your curves- accentuate your stomach, girl. It’s okay to wear a tee that hugs your belly or a stretchy dresses that show off that bump in a good way. Wearing the correct undergarments can help too! Having the right size bra makes all the difference in the world. You can also opt for a great body styler to wear under tight fighting clothing.
5. Maxi dresses can go from each trimester, beginning to end. And I can promise you, they are way more comfortable than pants. Don’t just shop the maternity section! Browse the women’s department too! You would be surprise want may fit. Perfect for those weekly cervix checks down the road. You won’t have to worry about undressing; just hike up the dress. Sounds crazy now but when you are 39 weeks pregnant, the last thing you want to hear is undress from the waist down.
6. Invest in a good pair of jeans. If that means spending more than you would normally, I would go for it and build your wardrobe around them.
7. Wear heels, it does your confidence good. Or a pretty awesome sandal works too. A girl can never have too many shoes! Heels make your legs look longer, which makes for a slimmer you!
8. Stalk celebrities’ maternity style and see just how you can get that particular look. It helps to have some inspiration!
9. Add accessories. This is an instant way to add style. Throw on some arm candy or a statement necklace. Throwing your hair back in a pony tail? Show off a pair of bold earrings vs. studs.
10. Be you! Don’t forget your style. Stay true to you. You can keep your signature look and it doesn’t mean transforming your wardrobe. Make it carefree. Besides maxi dresses, my go-to outfit would be skinny jeans or leggings, a great pair of boots, topped off with a cute jacket under a flowy top.