The Power of a Cupcake & Supportive FriendsMolly Thornberg
Never underestimate the power of a cupcake.
A dear sweet friend brought me a collection of cupcakes a few Saturdays ago. I hadn’t talked to her in weeks, but magically it was as if she knew what type of day I was having. I had spent the morning in a pregnancy fit. I was crying for something stupid (probably a broken nail). My PJ’s were still on, hair unbrushed and a total frump of a day.
It wasn’t the cupcakes that made it better, though they didn’t hurt. It was the reminder of a caring heart. There are still good people out there no matter how ugly the world gets, which is always good to remember when bringing new life into this world.
As my time nears the end for the 4th time – looking back the support of my friends has been priceless.
- The same cupcake friend also made “copycat” recipes of my favorite desserts and unexpectedly showed up at my door with a smiling face.
- There are friends who have volunteered to watch my crazy kids so my husband and I could have a date night.
- Friends who have surprised me with baby gifts, despite my ask for NO GIFTS!
- One sweet friend is always leaving me Buy Buy Baby coupons on my desk, she KNOWS I love a good deal.
- Another who with each has sent me the craziest baby books – bound to bring me to laughter.
The list could go on. Such sweet memories and thoughts that have made this carrying a baby in my belly thing a celebration.
Remember this next time you are thinking of a pregnant friend. It’s the thought that counts. Cupcakes are magical and so are supportive friends, always – but especially during pregnancy. Do something small. She’ll appreciate it.
What Support Did Your Friends Give You Through Pregnancy?